This article applies to Nelio A/B testing versions prior to 5.0.
If you are looking for documentation for our newest version, please bookmark neliosoftware.com/testing/help/
Nelio A/B Testing is a Conversion Optimization Service. As such, it's able to offer several advantages to its subscribers:
- A/B Testing gathers a lot of tracking information from your visitors. This information has to be stored and processed. Nelio takes care of these tasks and it thus lifts all all the processing load from your own server. This way, your WordPress server can focus on it's goal (serving pages), without experiencing any slowdown or interfering your hosting provider limits.
- You don't need to pay for the whole service up-front; you can pay monthly, when you need to.
- You'll always have the latest version of the service available.
- Our support team won't take you for granted and will always help you.
In order to use Nelio A/B Testing, you'll first have to subscribe to one of our packages. Once you're subscribed, you can download our plugin from the WordPress Plugin Directory and install it in your WordPress site. Then, you'll simply need to introduce your user credentials into the plugin to start using it.
Once the plugin has been installed and configured, you can:
- Test your Landing Page,
- Try with alternative Headlines,
- Modify your Widgets, or
- create any other possible experiment.
When visitors land on the tested page, Nelio A/B Testing automatically displays one of the alternative versions (or the original one) you created. These tested pages (or elements) are randomly served to visitors, although we make sure that each visitor always see the same version. Read more about how our plugin works. Nelio A/B Testing will log all the tracking information to Nelio's Cloud (to minimize the impact in your site) and we'll take care of computing and showing you the results.
It's that easy!